Monday 13 May 2024

Inspirational Quotes From Social Media, #96.

275.
"BEING HUMBLE CAN KEEP YOU ALIVE."

"In 1988, I was working in Kaduna, Northern, Nigeria. Our company was handling a project in Okene for an Army General. I was the project manager. 

After work on that fateful day, we traveled to Ajaokuta for fun. I sat in the front of the station wagon car with the driver. 
A junior staff was sitting behind me. He suddenly said, “Sir, you are the boss; move to the back seat.” I came out of the car immediately, and we swapped seats. I did not know that I just saved my life. 

We started traveling, and I slept off. Fifteen minutes later, the man was dead. Seeing that we were asleep, the driver started speeding, and a front tyre bursts.

The car somersaulted and threw the man who took my place out of the car, and he died instantly. May his soul rest in peace. 

In 2020, during the End Sars riot, I was in Akure, the capital of Ondo state. We tried to get out of town on the way to Lagos. We got to where they beat anyone who looked like a ‘big man.’ They were breaking and setting cars on fire. I was using the car of my friend Reverend Victor Adeyemi of Global Harvest. 

My driver said, “Sir, get down and start walking. Don’t let these boys kill you. I will see you when I see you”. I immediately got down and walked for 4 hours in the scorching and unfriendly weather until I found a hotel and checked in. I did not see my driver until 7 hours later. He saved my life. 

Hello, why are you constantly arguing? Why are you so stubborn? Why don’t you listen to what people say to you in good faith? Why do you think you are so powerful and all-knowing? You may die young due to pride. 

I gave you just two instances, but I have many more. Humble yourself to prolong your life."-Dele Olawanle's post on X-platform (2024), Slightly edited.
276.
"Do not look for the Church nearest to your house. Look for the Church closest to the Bible."-Anonymous author.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Quotes From Social Media, #122.

336. " Stop wasting time searching for jobs on LinkedIn and Upwork. That's so old-fashioned!!! Here are 17 new and unique websites ...