Thursday 21 September 2023

Inspirational Quotes From Social Media, #3.


11.

"Set your standards high and don't apologize for it. You deserve the best."-seffsaid.com.


12.

"WHY ARE YOU FAKING YOUR ACCENT?" 

"I have lived in the UK for over 33 years but my accent has not changed. I have never tried to speak like the white man or the black people that were born here. I have argued in courts all over the United Kingdom and I have retained my distinct Nigerian accent. I am who I am and I am very proud of my roots. My children’s accent is different from mine because they were born and raised here. I have never tried to speak like them. Every week I meet people who arrived in the UK in January or February 2023 and their accent has changed. I find myself asking them to repeat what they said severally. It is ridiculous and annoying. Why are you faking your accent? Be yourself. Be real. Be an original and not a copy. Friends, I believe you know someone like that. They fake die. I hate vawulence."- Dele Olawanle's post on X-Platform (2023).


13.

"Not all classrooms have four wall."-Anonymous author.


14."Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." -Jeremiah 33:3


15.

"I was working outside London last week and I lodged in a prestigious hotel which provided a CLUB LOUNGE exclusively for the members. I was working alone on my laptop at the lounge when this beautiful lady entered the lounge. I won’t tell you whether she is white or black. I said, a lady. She greeted me and I greeted her. She then started chatting with me and I did not respond. I took my laptop and ran. It was when I got to the door that I realized there was CCTV there but it did not matter, I was not going back there. When you find yourself alone with strange people, run. Some of you latest arrivals in the UK see that as an invitation to treat and they mess your life in the UK up. A lot of you are getting into trouble at work, at school, or on the street for chatting up or touching ladies. You are having your passports seized, your home office applications delayed, your jobs being taken away and records being kept on the Police National Computers for silly offenses with ladies. Run and run. The funny thing is that the ladies who pretended to be friendly are the ones to turn around and say you sexually harassed or assaulted them. You have been warned."-Dele Olawanle's post on X-Platform (2023).


Derinco & Associates: Business Consultants and General Merchants


Price=N3,000.00




No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Quotes From Social Media, #103.

288. "Contentment is natural wealth; luxury is artificial poverty."-Anonymous author. 289. "Dear Young Man" ...