Monday 6 May 2024

Inspirational Quotes From Social Media, #92.

266.
"DON'T WORRY ABOUT DELAYS."
"Many of you who follow me on social media admire my life, but my life was riddled with delays. 

Today, I will tell you a story that will change your life. Many people have become sickly or died prematurely because they were worried about delays in certain areas of life. They died worrying about the future. They worried about delays in their career, business, marriage, or ministry. 

Getting to the position that I am today shows that even though you may suffer from delays in your life, it does not mean you will be a failure. 

Before I started primary school, I was made to wait for a year so that I could start with my half-sister. 

When I completed primary school, I could not go to secondary school immediately because I lacked money to pay my fees. I had to work as a houseboy for an Indian couple in Ondo Town, Nigeria, for a year before starting secondary school. 

After completing my secondary school education, I had to wait another year before starting my A Level. 

When I finished A Level, I had to wait 11 years to attend the university because there was no helper. I started university in the UK after having two children, and I paid for it privately. 

Here we are today. The man who struggled with his school fees due to poverty sent his children to private schools and paid for his children’s university education without student loans or bursaries. 

So, don’t worry about delay. Don’t kill yourself. Don’t give up. Keep working hard and believing in God for a story like mine. Only compete against yourself. 

If I had given up, you wouldn’t be reading my story today. Delay is nothing if you don’t give up on your dreams. Share to encourage someone."-Dele Olawanle's post on X-platform (2024).


267.

"A son took his old father to a restaurant for an evening dinner.

Father being very old and weak, while eating, dropped food on his shirt and trousers. Others diners watched him in disgust while his son was calm.

After he finished eating, his son who was not at all embarrassed, quietly took him to the wash room, wiped the food particles, removed the stains, combed his hair and fitted his spectacles firmly. When they came out, the entire restaurant was watching them in dead silence, not able to grasp how someone could embarrass themselves publicly like that.

The son settled the bill and started walking out with his father.

At that time, an old man amongst the diners called out to the son and asked him, "Don't you think you have left something behind?"

The son replied, "No sir, I haven't".

The old man retorted, "Yes, you have! You left a lesson for every son and hope for every father".

The restaurant went silent.

To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors. Share if you agree."-Anonymous author.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Quotes From Social Media, #122.

336. " Stop wasting time searching for jobs on LinkedIn and Upwork. That's so old-fashioned!!! Here are 17 new and unique websites ...